3 April 2023
Meet The ICPM Management Team
In the midst of several exciting ICPM changes, we are thrilled to re-introduce the ICPM Management Team! Most recently, we welcomed two team members to fill newly created roles that will further strengthen the operational stability of ICPM. Nour Daoud, Manager of Business and Events, and Jimena Romero, Administrative Assistant, have already hit the ground running to complement the growing management team, now a core team of six.
“This team we have put together is efficient, driven to succeed, and a real pleasure to work with,” says Sebastien Betermier, ICPM Executive Director. “It’s the perfect team to run and grow ICPM’s multiple events for Research Partners, education program, research initiatives, and thought leadership series for the broader pension community.”
A distinguishing feature of the ICPM team is its diversity and international background. Mainly based in Toronto, the team members have cultural backgrounds from Canada, France, Hong Kong, Mexico, Netherlands, Syria, Russia, and the United States. As Betermier says, “having such a multicultural team is ideal for driving forward the international values of our network.”
Meet the current team:
- Sebastien Betermier, Executive Director: Formally taking over as ICPM’s Executive Director in January 2023, Sebastien is also an Associate Professor of Finance at McGill University, and a member of the Research Policy Network on Household Finance at the Center for Economic Policy Research (CEPR). Sebastien has a PhD in Finance from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Rob Bauer, Associate Director – Education: Now in a newly-created role tasked with expanding ICPM’s education programs for pension fund leaders, Rob previously served as ICPM Executive Director from 2014-2022. Based in the Netherlands, he is also Professor of Finance (chair: Institutional Investments) at Maastricht University.
- Mike Simutin, Associate Director – Research: Leading research activities at ICPM since 2017, Mike is also an Associate Professor of Finance at the University of Toronto. His research focuses on institutional money management and understanding risks that affect asset prices, which has earned him multiple research awards. Mike has a PhD from the University of British Columbia.
- Jamie MacLean, Head of Member Engagement & Communications: Joining ICPM in 2017, Jamie oversees communications and member engagement initiatives that strengthen the relationships between the pension organizations in the network. Jamie has a degree in journalism from University of King’s College and more than a decade of experience in public relations and communications that spans the UK and Canada.
- Nour Daoud, Manager of Business and Events: A social worker by training and a graduate of McGill University and University of Toronto, Nour joined the team at the end of 2022 with an extensive background in event management and supporting executive education initiatives in her time at McGill. Nour organizes ICPM’s flagship Discussion Forums and will also support operations and pension education offerings.
- Jimena Romero, Administrative Assistant: Jimena is the newest addition to the ICPM team in March 2023. Jimena is an experienced administrator with a degree in hospitality administration and management from Universidad Panamericana. Jimena will support all administrative aspects for the ICPM management team, board and committees.
For more on the team, including full bios, please visit our website.