16 December 2022
Round Table Summary: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion – Successful Frameworks
Participants of this round table gathered to discuss and share dimensions of their DEI frameworks to secure progress in meeting their Diversity, Equity, Inclusion goals.
Questions and challenges discussed include:
– How can teams regularly have the often difficult conversations around DEI?
– How to measure progress towards meeting DEI goals, recognizing that diversity can be defined in various ways and many of the more valuable insights are qualitative?
– How and when to involve the Board as the implementation of DEI policies are often management’s responsibility?
– In many cases, board members are elected, so there is no control over the Board make-up.
– In some jurisdictions, DEI is a matter for the law to monitor and enforce. In such cases, what is the role for fund management and the Board?
– How can teams align DEI efforts with metrics for fund managers?