31 January 2023
ICPM and Oxford University Launch Sustainability Leadership Course
ICPM is thrilled to partner with the Oxford Sustainable Finance Group to introduce a new pension education offering this June. The Asset Owner Sustainability Leadership Programme (June 21-23, 2023) will translate the latest in climate and biodiversity science into a responsible investment policy based on evidence-based investment beliefs.
The programme was co-created in response to a demand for comprehensive, evidence-based, and practical education to tackle the key sustainability challenges pension funds face today, and is the perfect addition to ICPM’s growing suite of offerings tailored to pension fund boards, trustees, and senior executives.
Programme Directors Ben Caldecott, Oxford Sustainable Finance Group, and Rob Bauer, Associate Director of Education, ICPM said: “The combination of the academic rigour at the University of Oxford with the thought leadership of ICPM provides the ideal environment for asset owners to build strong sustainability leadership in the face of rapidly-evolving science. It is essential that asset owners can access the latest research and analysis, and furthermore, understand how to translate that into practical policy-making.”
Centred around a three-day residential at the University of Oxford, and held in stunning historical surrounds, participants will engage critically with systems and theories in sustainability, such as:
- The latest in the science of climate change and biodiversity;
- Legal contexts, including the interpretations of fiduciary duty, reporting, risks of litigation and more;
- How asset owners can be sustainability leaders and drive meaningful change;
- How asset owners use scientific insight when setting a responsible investment policy and when overseeing its execution;
- The impact of sustainability on asset pricing in financial markets and how this may shape investment beliefs.
- Opportunities from investing in nature, ESG integration, and more.
- Dr. Ben Caldecott, Director, Oxford Sustainable Finance Group (Programme Director)
- Rob Bauer, Associate Director of Education, ICPM (Programme Director)
- Dr. Nicola Ranger, Head of Sustainable Finance Research for Development, Oxford Sustainable Finance Group & Senior Researcher, Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment
- and others!
Who should attend?
We invite a diverse cohort of participants from pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations, and other institutional owners of assets across asset classes, security types and geographies.
The programme is aimed at an executive level, and is suitable for board members, C-suite officers, trustees, senior investment analysts and heads of functions.
NEW FOR ICPM RESEARCH PARTNERS: We are excited to introduce a 15% discount applicable to all ICPM pension education programs, exclusive to ICPM Research Partners!
For more information and to register, please visit the ICPM Education Website or contact email@example.com