13 March 2023
ICPM and Maastricht University Launch Program on Trust-Building Through Effective Communications
Pension leaders are increasingly aware of the importance of pension communications to strengthen engagement, build loyalty and properly steer a fund over the long-term, including through times of crisis. Where pension communications have traditionally been seen as an operational obligation, ensuring effective and appropriate communications with members has been identified as an important strategic topic.
In response to this need, ICPM and UMIO|Maastricht University, the executive education department of the School of Business and Economics, have developed an immersive education retreat where board members and senior-level communication specialists will explore best practices in pension communications and member engagement.
In the ICPM-Maastricht Program on Trust-Building Through Effective Communications, participants will learn:
- Insights and best practices from international pension institutions from Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States
- How to identify and account for (implicit) member preferences regarding risk preferences and responsible investing
- The impact of artificial intelligence and other technological developments on pension communications
- The role of behavioral biases and heuristics in retirement decision-making, including evidence that framing (changing the words but not the content) can double response rates
- and more!
Quality networking opportunities will include:
- Interactive dinner workshop at Sjieke Kookpunt where participants will prepare meals under the guidance of a chef.
- Dinner at Château Neercanne, where leaders of the member states of the European Union dined when signing the Maastricht treaty.
NEW FOR ICPM RESEARCH PARTNERS: We are excited to introduce a 15% discount applicable to all ICPM pension education programs, exclusive to ICPM Research Partners!
May 2023 Update: Full program agenda is now available here. View session descriptions, speaker info and venue details.
For more information and to apply, please visit the ICPM Education Website or contact email@example.com